International Homeless Animals’ Day 2014 may be limited to one weekend, but it could be a starting point for you. Here are things you can do?
- A Forever Home-of course number one on the list is to adopt a homeless pet.
- Foster-for those of you cannot give a forever home, but have a little extra love, space and time consider fostering.
- Just a Little of Your Time- volunteering doesn't cost anything, but your time and can make a world of difference to shelters and rescues. Check out www.petfinder.com to find a rescue or shelter near you that needs help
- Donations- Cash or much needed supplies. Most organizations run on a very tight budget and every little bit helps.
- Be the Voice- in person or via social media. Let your world know about the needs of our homeless pet population.
- Let Your Wallet Do the Talking-consider doing businesses with those organizations that support animal causes
- Walk the Talk-participate in events that help shelters and rescues
- Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve-wear a t-shirt with the message, put on a bumper stickers, key chains, etc. they can start a conversation.